Day 13- Goals
This one has taken me a few days to figure out. I kinda wanted to skip it altogether but that's not really the point of this blog challenge, now is it?
I think maybe the reason I don't really like day 13 goes back to one of the 15 facts from day 1. I've never had that passion to do something career wise. I majored in business management in college because there was nothing else that really jumped out at me. I ended up getting a double major, business management and marketing. I really enjoyed the marketing classes in college. Once I graduated though I went on many, many interviews, none of which for jobs that I wanted. They all wanted me to work on commission and sell one thing or another. No thank you. Driving my own car all around town to try to make a buck by selling myself didn't do it for me. Luckily, I moved to California and got an amazing job within the first 2 weeks. Having nothing to do with what I went to school for. I was a credit analyst and I loved it. I think the people I worked with made me love my job. We were the AmeriCredit family, as we liked to call ourselves. Miss them all!
So anyway, goals regarding my career (or lack there-of right now) aren't in the front of my mind most days. I'd love to have a career doing something that I enjoy. So I guess long term goal would be to find something that I'm passionate about. And do it. Make a career of it. I love taking pictures. Maybe I'll be a photographer one day. I love sewing. Maybe I can make a career of that. Only time will tell I guess but I know that someday I'll be able to do something, love it, and make money from it. A constant goal is to be the best mom I can be. To raise our daughter in a way that my own mother will be proud of. I have so much to learn and it's very overwhelming. I'm so excited for the new adventure and this new title I'm going to take on. Mom. I love it.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ask Santa for a Canon Rebel and get busy with that new bundle of Joy you have coming. It will be soooo much fun to document Her first few years and you will truly know at that point how talented we all know you are !!!!! This is the best time of year to get deals on bundle which include 2x lenses and the camera body. !!! Have fun.
ReplyDelete