background

Sunday, November 14, 2010

30 Day Challenge- Day 16

Day 16- Dream house

I'm gonna try to double up since I've been slacking. Who really thought I'd make it 1 blog a day anyway? My dream house could be many things. There are certain things that I know I definitely want, and there are certain things that can change and develop. Location is one thing that is unknown. I have no clue where we'll end up. I think where we end up depends on the style of house that I will want. I grew up in a one story house....I always wanted stairs. I don't know why, I just thought it was cool for some reason. I think now I appreciate our one story house better. I don't mind our tri-level but I don't think I want a full second story house. So, one level only unless we live somewhere it snows (highly unlikely!) then I'll want a basement. I want a front porch, wooden swing included. A large backyard is a must, lots of grass and flowers and plants with a pool. A pool is non-negotiable in my book. I grew up with a pool in our backyard and it's something that I long for almost everyday of the summer, no matter where I live. My dream house would have lots of rooms. One for us, one for each child we have, a guest room, a sewing/scrapbooking room, man cave for hubby, and a playroom for the kids. I want a huge master bathroom as well. With a jacuzzi tub that I relax and enjoy baths in. A large kitchen with an island/bar and wood floors and granite countertops. Lots of windows too! I love natural light and opening the windows just makes my house feel more like a home. We drive around some neighborhoods here just looking at the huge houses and dream of what it would be like to own one of them. I don't need some humongous house.....it'd be nice to own one of those....but we don't need it. I just want to live comfortably in something that is "ours". I want to paint the walls in each room and hang lights outside at Christmas and plant flowers in my garden. One day I'll have all that and it will be my dream house no matter how big it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment